May 25, 2021
Last month, we again had many great accomplishments.
- We proposed changes to our Bylaws and sent them out for vote. We had a 100% approval and are, therefore, adopting the changes. The bylaws will be published in the upcoming directory.
- Thanks to the efforts of Sharyn Blongiewicz, we put together an application for a Coronado Community Grant. Two years ago, we requested $980 to cover the cost of the Nautilus Room for our Gala. Sharyn learned that we can request up to 50% of our budget for an event. We are, therefore, asking for $18,000 this year. Fingers crossed. We will know by July the amount approved.
- The Coronado Cays Yacht Club is getting up and running. They are welcoming Welcome to Spring and a time when most of our members are fully vaccinated! We are thrilled to be able to start seeing each other again and have several upcoming events planned.
- The Coronado Cays Yacht Club is getting up and running. They are welcoming us back for our monthly Board meetings and any other events we desire. Our board meetings are held the first Thursday of each month at 10am. Let me know if you would like to be added to our agenda and attend.
- We are making some progress on updating our Logo and Website. We have a committee of Vicki Bernitt, Sharyn Blongiewicz and myself working with Inflection Point. We are currently reviewing options for logos as well as a template for our website. We will have updates to share with you very shortly.
- We would like to see a sell-out event for the upcoming Wine Tasting Event (see Fundraising report) and we relaunch in-person events. Please plan on attending and inviting a fellow or potential new member.
Thank you so much for your tremendous support and hope to see you soon.